Foundation Level Implant Modular Course ADA NSW CPD and ITI Collaboration
Module 3: Prosthodontic Aspects of Implant Dentistry with Dr Christopher Ho
The third module is intended to concentrate on restorative aspects of implant treatment. Each participant will become familiar with the rationale of cement vs screw retained implant restorations. The focus will be on various prosthetic components for implant restorative solution. e.g. impression and abutments needed to restore a single implant crown. Each participant will become familiar with differences and similarities of components of different implant systems. Potential prosthetic pitfalls will be discussed. The hands-on describes a prosthodontically driven approach to planning, preparation and making an analog impression. A systematic work flow with logical steps is advocated to determine choice of implant, impression component and related impression technique. Each participant will be exposed to the potential of CAD CAM restorative solutions for their clinical practice.
- Observe the prosthetic aspect of a live patient
- Determine the method of retention of implant restorations and their rationale of use
- Define analog (conventional) implant impression
- List the essential requirements of a conventional implant impression
- Select conventional implant impression components and techniques
- Compare and contrast the different systems, prosthetic components and their indications for each case
Visit ADA website for more details & waiting list.